It is often challenging to find interesting ways to present business data. Whether it’s a live meeting or online presentation, customers expect to be engaged visually.
When I recently had the opportunity to experiment with Prezi Online Presentation Software using content from a previous Powerpoint, I was blown away with the ease of use and wanted to share what I learned.
Prezi is a visually appealing and engaging, motion-filled and fluid presentation format. I created a free online public account while I experimented with the software, but the cost for the software is very reasonable with a basic plan under $5 per month. As a freelance consultant and entrepreneur, I understand the need for finding affordable technology to remain relevant in a digital-driven social media marketplace. Prezi offers an easy, dynamic, and cost-effective method for freelancers, entrepreneurs and small business owners.
If you are already savvy with maneuvering PowerPoint or catch on to software quickly, Prezi is a breeze to use. I played around with it for a little over an hour using one of their templates until I had something I felt satisfied with presenting to my client for their preview. Obviously, you need to already have the content you want to put into the presentation. I used content from an existing PowerPoint to create mine, which probably made my learning curve easier. I would suggest using the same method until you are familiar with navigating Prezi, but otherwise it’s just a cooler and more effective way of formatting and presenting data and information.
So here are my highlights:
- Prezi works from an open canvas environment with options to use their pre-set paths or build your own.
- Once you set up an account (public account is free but your files are accessible to anyone), choose from a library of reusable prezis or templates, and just have at it.
- The software is simple to navigate with options to change backgrounds, shapes and colors to incorporate your company’s brand image.
- As you build your prezi, the graphic and visual features allow you to zoom and pan through text, emphasizing main points and key information.
- You can add and edit images directly onto the canvas.
- Because it is cloud-based program, the presentation can be accessed remotely on a tablet, phone or PC, and it allows for ease of collaboration with others in real-time.
Here’s a preview of a Prezi template that you may enjoy. Would love to hear your thoughts or feedback from your Prezi experience; submit comments below: