Are you a closet writer looking for an audience? Have you been told that you are a great storyteller? Personally, I enjoy writing and creating meaning through words. Often in my writing journey I find interesting and helpful information to share with others. For January, consider joining me in entering a flash fiction contest with The A3 Review’s Losing It writing prompt. Cash prizes are $220, $130 and $95 and the contest only requires 150 words due by January 27, 2018 with a $5 entry fee. May seem simple enough, but flash fiction tests your ability for brevity in writing while still developing a character(s) and a plot. Ready, Set, Go!
There are other ways you can let your voice be heard through your writing. I recently learned about a few other writing contests that may be of interest.
Old Farmer’s Almanac Essay Contest (Deadline: January 26, 2018)
- Sponsor: The Older Farmer’s Almanac
- Theme: How Weather Changed My Life
- Prize: $250 / $150 / $100
- Entry fee: $0
- Words: 200 words or less
- NOTE: Yankee Publishing retains rights to submitted materials.
For more details and contest guidelines, visit: https://www.almanac.com/form/2018-essay-contest
#MeToo Nonfiction Essay Contest (Deadline: February 28, 2018)
- Sponsor: Memoir Magazine
- Theme: Sexual Violence and Domestic Abuse
- Prize: $500
- Entry fee: $12
- Words: 100 min/7000 max
- NOTE: Pseudonyms allowed. All writers welcomed; emerging writers and underrepresented voices encouraged to submit.
For more details and contest guidelines, visit: